Saturday, November 30, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog.  This is a new blogging adventure.  After years of blogging, for a long time of that on a daily basis, I ventured to create my own web site and I tried to keep up the blog and all about running a small business web site but I couldn't do it well because I never seemed to have the time to do all the web upkeep to have a "cool and flashy" web site.  In the end, I was paying lots of money for my web hosting and not doing anything with it.  So the renewal for my web hosting services just came up and I didn't renew.  now, here I am...... starting over with a blog.

I've tried to keep my creative and business pursuits in creating chainmaille jewelry separate from the rest of my blogging ie. my family and my passion for the fibre arts but that doesn't really work for me either.  I'm a whole person, made up of lots of interests, loves and passions with my chainmaille biz being only a small part of that.  So, my blog will be a bit of everything.  I hope to show off new jewelry designs, keep you updated on happenings in my Etsy shop, show pictures of my knitting and my spinning and just life in general.  

Life is a bit crazy right now.  I'm in the middle of craft show season and lots of business with my daughter's dance and kids' pre-Christmas school activities.  We love advent calendars at our house although I'm even a little late with the kids' advent calendars.  The big one isn't hung and filled yet and we don't have the paper advent calendars at home yet either........... pssst.... I just figured out that tomorrow is December 1st!!!

Since I love advent calendars, I decided to run a bit of an advent promotion in my shop.  Every day from December 1st to December 25th, I'm going to run a different promo in my shop.  I was imagining the promos to be different types of earrings every day but I may change my mind on that as we go along.  So, stay tuned and come back tomorrow when I reveal the "first door" of my chainmaille advent calendar. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment